Happy Holidays! Ready or Not
What to do?
1. Take some time – right now – and decide how you want this season to look and feel. What has been bugging you the last few seasons? What do you want to change? What do you love about the season? Write a list. Then share it with family members and get their input.
2. Brainstorm a list of all that you feel must happen to make your vision come true. Christmas baking or ordering goodies? Decorating? Parties? Events?
3. Block out times on your calendar. Don’t just put events on the calendar. Also schedule shopping times, baking times, time to put up the tree. If that calendar looks overwhelming after putting all the projects down, see if there are any you can delegate or eliminate. Leave some days blank. Surprises happen and down time is good.
4. Designate zones in your house for holiday activities. Set up a gift storing/wrap area. Set up an area for working on cards. Designate a staging area for house decorations.
5. Come to my workshop on October 19 – Surviving the Holidaze Workshop at Alpharetta, GA. The Workshop is 10:00 – 11:00. It is full of great ideas, a chance to eat holiday cookies, and win door prizes. Call 404-299-5111 or email email@example.com to register.
What ever you do, visualize this holiday season so that you experience the joy and not the stress. Enjoy!
Jonda S. Beattie Professional Organizer